This proposal consolidates AIP 36: Marketing
- With the development of the web app from AIP 30 rapidly proceeding, we need to kickstart our marketing efforts to reach out to potential users of the app.
- AIP 10 allocated 16.39M AST for marketing efforts over the next 3 years.
- This AIP proposes to fund a marketing team by the creation of a Marketing circle using a portion of the AST treasury.
- The marketing team will be responsible for creation and execution of the first marketing campaign which will introduce users to the new AirSwap web app. The marketing team will be rewarded in accordance to their individual allocations through Coordinape.
A marketing circle will be set up with the mandate to promoting AirSwap as a platform. The first mission of the marketing circle will be to increase user engagement of the new AirSwap web app.
The marketing circle should be seeded with 50,000 AST for the initial cycle to recruit marketers with future allocations to be determined dynamically for each epoch.
Disbursement of the funds will be allocated through Coordinape
The marketing circle will also be in charge of creating and judging marketing related bounties. Marketers may also execute these bounties as part of their work. In such cases, judgement of the bounty rewards should come from other members of the marketing circle.
Examples of bounties include
- Build or setup analytics to track user engagement from various marketing channels / campaigns
- Plan and liaise with various channels to run promotions / gimmicks (e.g. referrals / giveaways / airdrops) - such bounty proposals should be presented to the community before being implemented
- Developing the brand identity / tone / marketing language (slogan / catchphrase / meme contest?)
We need to start crafting marketing strategies to coincide with the launch of our new product. Funds should be used to onboard high quality marketers who understand the market, and who will be responsible for the creation and execution of marketing strategies for AirSwap.
The AirSwap treasury has set aside 16.39M AST for marketing purposes over the next 3 years. Seeding the marketing circle will be the first step in directing the use of this budget.
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.