- Current approach to allocating AIP rewards tends to disincentivize collaboration
- An AirSwap “Governance” circle will be created on Coordinape.
- All members (authors) of the governance circle participate in collaborative authorship of AIPs by actively discussing and debating upcoming AIPs.
- At the end of each cycle, each author allocates a certain number of GIVE tokens to other authors according to the perceived impact of each person in the authorship process.
- AIP rewards will be split according to how much GIVE tokens each author holds
The current AIP reward structure according to AIP 15 allocates 5000 sAST for each successful AIP written and 2000 sAST if unsuccessful. Currently, the AIP rewards are split at the discretion of the main AIP author. This results in reduced community collaboration, as there is no open and fair way to judge the contributions of each community member to the AIP. We believe that an open AIP authorship process which incentivizes community discussion and debate would lead to higher quality AIPs.
- Coordinape is an open and fair way to distribute resources to members of a DAO.
- A governance circle will be created on Coordinape for AirSwap members who wish to be actively involved in the governance process.
- Members who wish to be part of the governance circle must have at least 1k AST staked and shown to be active in the community.
- AIP rewards will be used to fund the governance circle for each cycle
- AIP reward structure to be changed from “5k (2k) sAST per (un)successful AIP” to “5k (2k) sAST per (un)successful cycle”.
- A successful cycle is defined as one in which the total amount of “yes” votes is more than the total amount of “no” votes in a given cycle.
- Each author is allocated 100 GIVE tokens to give to other authors per cycle.
- Authors will allocate GIVE tokens according to the perceived contributions of other authors in the current AIP authorship process
- GIVE tokens which are not given will be burnt
- AIP rewards will be distributed according to the number of GIVE tokens held be each author at the end of the cycle
- The actual figure for AIP rewards (5k/2k too much? too little?)
- How new authors can be onboarded into the governance circle (based on consensus of current authors?)
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.