AirSwap is the original token swapping app. Over the years, several iterations were launched, with the current version released two years ago. While it works well, the industry has evolved, technology has improved, and open source is now the default.
We propose to reintroduce AirSwap as the ultimate token swapping destination, refined around a lean, simple, and secure swapping experience having a visual style consistent with www.airswap.io and being open source with many contributors.
The web app would consolidate core AirSwap user journeys into a single destination. Traders can assume the role of either makers who set prices or takers who accept them. Traders may alternate between roles in a session, for example, if they don’t find a price and decide to post their own.
- Built on Light RFQ Protocol
- Open Source and Hosted on IPFS
- Consistent Visual Style
- Aggregate Quotes from Servers
- Post Prices to a Board
- Import Token Lists
- Approve Tokens for Trade
- Wrap and Unwrap Ether
- Future: Include Uniswap Quotes
- Proposed to gauge community interest in developing a new web app.
- Builds on AIP 23 and includes the OTC board functionality.
- Boards could plug into servers run by community members.
- Orders are signed and executed on-chain so cannot be manipulated.
- Orders on a board could be taken by anyone (public) by wrapping the Light contract.
- Could be hosted at swap.eth.link or airswap.eth.link.