AirSwap is the original token swapping app. Over the years, several iterations were launched, with the current version released two years ago. While it works well, the industry has evolved, technology has improved, and open source is now the default.
We propose to reintroduce AirSwap as a token swapping destination, refined around a lean, simple, and secure swapping experience establishing a new visual style for AirSwap web properties and being open source with many contributors.
The web app would consolidate core user journeys into a single destination. Traders can assume the role of either makers who set prices or takers who accept them. Traders may alternate between roles in a session, for example, if they don’t find a price and decide to post their own.
- Get the Best Price for a Swap
- Approve Tokens for Swap
- Complete a Selected Swap
- Post Prices to a Board
- Wrap and Unwrap Ether
- Get Uniswap Quotes
- AirSwap needs an open source web app.
- AirSwap needs a web app that implements the Light RFQ Protocol.
- Consolidates AIP 23 and potentially includes the OTC board functionality.
- Boards could plug into servers run by community members.
- Orders are signed and executed on-chain so cannot be manipulated.
- Orders on a board could be taken by anyone (public) by wrapping the Light contract.
- Could be hosted at swap.eth.link or airswap.eth.link.