AirSwap sustainability depends on an active member community engaged in the exchange of ideas, culminating in the creation of AIPs aimed to improve project success. Currently, our incentives are limited to rewards for AIP authoring and voting. We propose a bounty system to reward various other activities that improve and grow AirSwap. Bounty categories and associated point rewards are to be continuously created in collaboration with community coordinators.
Bounties reward community members for non-AIP contributions. Bounty creation and submission would run differently and independently from the AIP process, which is reserved for high-level direction and new projects with known requirements and significant scope.
Inline with the AirSwap trading model we propose a “Request For Creativity” model for bounties. Bounty categories, objectives, and goals will be published to the community forum. From there, community members can work independently or collaboratively achieve these objectives.
Each category, objective, or goal will reward up to a certain number of points. Bounties in essence, state a problem space and welcome community members to contribute solutions. For example, bounties could be to “create simple and helpful tools to earn up to X points” or “improve integration examples for up to Y points” or “create and improve project dashboards for up to Z points.”
A bounty is published to “create simple and helpful tools to earn up to N points.” A contributor creates a simple web app allowing community members to see voting status, submits for the bounty, and is distributed up to N points depending on quality and completeness.
- Coordinators work with the community to define and publish categories and rewards.
- Categories should be broad enough to allow for creative ideas and solutions.
- Bounty categories will be posted to the community forum with a call for submissions.
- First set of categories is to be published by April 22nd.
- Many submissions can be made to each category and each is eligible for rewards.
- Submissions are to be made through a Google Form or similar product.
- Coordinators assess submissions for quality and completeness to determine rewards.
- If a single submission is authored by multiple contributors the reward may be split.
- Only AirSwap community members (holding at least 100 sAST) are eligible for bounties.
- Submissions that include code must be open source and hosted on GitHub or a similar platform.